If you’ve signed up for the Equipped to Thrive group program for men, or have decided to go through this course on your own, it’s probably safe to say that you’re tired of trying to reach your health and fitness goals with a typical “diet and exercise” approach. That’s completely understandable considering that most attempts at intentional sustained change in body size and shape tend to fail. This is often attributed to a simple lack of compliance. It’s said that “If you would just stick to the program, you would succeed.” The problem is that these approaches are typically not sustainable and act in opposition to various biological mechanisms within the body.
Equipped to Thrive will take you on a journey of self-discovery. This journey will help you identify the underlying issues at the heart of your personal struggles with food and your body and you will:
- Learn how health is multifaceted and should involve nurturing the physical, psychological, emotional, social, intellectual, and economic aspects.
- Reconnect with your body’s internal cues that help regulate your food intake in a way that is right for you as a unique individual.
- Understand why you may struggle with eating at times in ways that feel out of control.
- Discover the importance of satisfaction in the eating experience.
- Reimagine movement and physical activity that focus on enjoyment and health promotion rather than simply changing the size and shape of your body.
- Rethink nutrition and learn how to nourish your body without restriction, guilt, or shame.
Intuition can and should play a powerful role when it comes to feeding ourselves and our families while navigating our challenging food environment. Equipped to Thrive explores and focuses on a powerful, evidence-based eating framework called Intuitive Eating that integrates instinct, emotion, and rational thought. My hope is it will help you finally break free of the perpetual diet cycle!